lynx-dev customised crashes

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev customised crashes
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 06:29:24 -0500

000117 Michael Warner wrote:
> On or about 12 Jan, 2000, Philip Webb
>> i recompiled with  --enable-externs  & in  lynx.cfg  added the line
>>  EXTERNAL:mailto:mutt %s:TRUE , which does get Mutt to start.
>> (1) there appears to be no way to include the current document
>> in the file to be mailed:  %s  is the  mailto: URL
>> and a 2nd  %s  causes problems (see 3);
> Is there an accessible ${ENVIRONMENT} variable set
> that could be used to pass the temp file name of the page?
> I didn't see one in a glance at the User's Guide.

the file has a name, but it's not readily available,
even if you use your own tmp directory;
it's a deficiency which should be easily correctable,
if it can be included from the printer page.

>> (2) Mutt (at least) offers as `To:' line `mailto: address@hidden' ;
> That's (the whole URL) what Lynx passes on.  Use a wrapper script, eg
>       ADD=`echo $1 | cut -f2 -d:`
>       ${HOME}/bin/mutt ${ADD}

that's similar to KED's suggestion last month.

so far, no-one has responded to my (3), which is the most serious:
Lynx crashes if you include  2  %s's  in your EXTERNAL definition.
see my message 000114 for details.
surely Lynx should NEVER just crash ... (frown)?