Re: lynx-dev Mouse support on the console?

From: Morten Bo Johansen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Mouse support on the console?
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 20:39:56 +0100

T.E.Dickey <address@hidden> said:

>       configure --with-shared
>       make install
>
> That will leave the file libncurses.so.4 intact, install a libncurses.so.5,
> and make the /usr/lib/ncurses.so link point to the latter.  So applications
> which are compiled and linked thereafter will (normally) run with the version
> 5 libraries.

Did what you said and annoyingly Lynx this time linked to *both* the old
libncurses.so.4.2 in /lib and the newly compiled libncurses.so.5.0 in
/usr/lib, the result: Still no mouse support!

So now I have cruelly renamed the old libncurses.so.4.2 shared library into
oblivion and made a symlink of that name to libncurses.so.5.0 and
recompiled Lynx and now mouse support works!

Geez, why does it have to be so much trouble ;-)

Thanks for your help.

Morten