Re: lynx-dev Mouse support on the console?

From: Morten Bo Johansen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Mouse support on the console?
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 23:31:17 +0100

T.E.Dickey <address@hidden> said:

> perhaps libgpm was linked to the version-4 library?  (I check
> those with ldd, which can be fooled, but usually gives good
> info) ldd /usr/lib/libgpm.so

Yes, that was the reason.

> > So now I have cruelly renamed the old libncurses.so.4.2
> > shared library into oblivion and made a symlink of that
> > name to libncurses.so.5.0 and recompiled Lynx and now mouse
> > support works!
>
> good (I guess ;-)

I shall recompile gpm, so that it is linked solely to ncurses
5.0. The other solution seems really clumsy..(as your smiley
politely implies ;-)

Funnily the mouse still works in copy/paste mode if you launch
Lynx from urlview¹ - I use that rather frequently to launch a URL
from my mailreader so it would be nice if it also worked here. I
wonder why it doesn't..? The command to invoke Lynx in ~/.urlview
is simply lynx '%s'...?

Morten

¹ ftp://ftp.guug.de/pub/mutt/contrib/urlview-0.7.tar.gz (40 kb)