Re: lynx-dev Lynx on OS/390 2.5

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx on OS/390 2.5
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:52:55 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, "Perelli Marco (SSI RM)" said:

> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:38:04 +0100
>
> I installed Lynx 2.8.2 for OS/390 on test system. Everything works fine, but
> when i try to go outside my intranet, i receive the following messages:
>
>  /.../
>  Looking up proxy_ssi.rm.ssi.enel:8080.
>  Making HTTP connection to proxy_ssi.rm.ssi.enel:8080.
>  Sending HTTP request.
>  HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
>  Alert!: Invalid header 'Proxy-Authenticate: NTLM'
>  Alert!: Proxy authorization required -- retrying
>  Retrying with proxy authorization information.
>  Looking up proxy_ssi.rm.ssi.enel:8080.
>  Making HTTP connection to proxy_ssi.rm.ssi.enel:8080.
>  Sending HTTP request.
>  HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
>  Alert!: Invalid header 'Proxy-Authenticate: NTLM'
>  Can't Access `http://www.repubblica.it/'
>  Alert!: Unable to access document.
>
>  lynx: Can't access startfile
>  /.../
>
> Here is the lynx.cfg file:   <<lynx.cfg>>
>
>   <snip!>
>
> Please help me ... i haven't found any solution, thanks in advance .
>
> Best regards
> Perelli Marco
> Enel.it
> address@hidden

Marco wrote first to me personally because I'm listed as the
OS/390 contact; I bounced him here because this didn't appear
390-specific.  Looking more carefully, I see:

    Looking up proxy_ssi.rm.ssi.enel:8080

but in his signature:

                  address@hidden

Is it possible that the ".it" qualifier is required in
the proxy definition?  The proxy definition isn't in
his lynx.cfg; it must be coming from the environment.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL