Re: lynx-dev IT'S GREEK T'ME

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev IT'S GREEK T'ME
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 18:19:57 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Robert A Hopkins wrote:

        Problem: how the heck do I install the fershluginner thing?  The
> installation texts leave me gasping for air.  Desperately seeking
> instructions on the order of "insert tab A into slot B".  Can anyone out
> there help me?  OS: windows 98.

This is simple. You downloaded the source instead of the binary
for Win98. There are at least three different binaries available
for Win98. I would recommend starting with either the one from Jim
Spath or the one from Wayne Buttles. You can then try the other (set
up by default for Japanese).

Setup is manual. Basically unzip to its own directory, make a DOS
batch file that sets up your environment variables then calls lynx,
and put a shortcut to the batch file on your desktop or START menu.
Change the properties of the shortcut to have a default environment
of 4096.

Links to the various Win32 binaries (as well as links to DOS binaries)
are on my web site:
"http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/index.html";
                          Doug
__