lynx-dev Re: setting up external commands

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev Re: setting up external commands
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 07:10:39 -0500 (EST)

From: Michael Warner <address@hidden>

>On or about 25 Jan, 2000, Gabor Z. Papp
><address@hidden> wrote (to me, rather than the list):
>
>> Hi, can you tell me how can I define an external ftp client
>> for lynx? I must use a passive mode client, and defining one
>> in the config file isn't works, lynx still try with his
>> builtin. :-(

>The instructions in lynx.cfg are pretty complete, but I'll run
>through a few possible problem spots.

followed by a great set of suggestions that, in my opinion, would be
worthwhile to get added to a FAQ or some file packaged with lynx...

Another problem that occurred to me might happen is that the binary for
lynx might have been built without external command support...  Is
there a command that someone might use within lynx to see what
the configure flags were ?
--
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden><http://www.usenix.org/events/tcl2k/>
-><-