lynx-dev Re: Sun/X-term display problem

From: Manju Shekhar
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Sun/X-term display problem
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 17:45:38 -0800

Hi all,
This is further to my quest for help on the Lynx problem mentioned below:
I'm using the "7 bit approximations (US-ASCII)" character set.

When I start-up Lynx, and try to access any Web site(eg: www.yahoo.com),
I simply get a blank acreen with the command line at the bottom. Lynx
seems to be getting the data, but nothing appears. On the other-hand,
I can open local HTML files fine, on Lynx.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Manju

>> I recently installed Lynx on a Sun Ultra-2 workstation (Sunos 5.5.1)
>> When I start up Lynx and type an URL, it gets the data alright,
>> but nothing gets displayed on the screen.
>> I'm using an xterm, with K-shell.
>> Has this anything to do with the character sets?
>> I'm not really sure what's the right set to use.
>
>i can't help with this: it would help others,
>if you could give sample URLs for which you have a problem;
>what charset(s) are you trying to use?
>also, be sure you are using the latest Lynx:
>release 2-8-2 : www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/
>development 2-8-3dev.18 : sol.slcc.edu/lynx/current/ .
>
>--
>========================,,============================================
>SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : address@hidden
>ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
>TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto

Manju Shekhar,
Software Engineer
SYNACOM TECHNOLOGY, INC.