lynx-dev -post_data not using cookies?

From: Karsten Ballueder
Subject: lynx-dev -post_data not using cookies?
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:23:34 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I'm trying to do the following with lynx 2.8.1 (as of Linux
Debian Hamm - the binary of 2.8.3 I compiled would produce a
segfault on every startup on that system):

I have written a small script to upload bugreports to
bugzilla, which involves posting some form data.
Unfortunately, it uses cookies for authorisation.
The following works fine:
1. log into bugzilla with lynx, accept the cookie
2. exit lynx
3. start lynx again, point it to the form, fill it in
   manually and submit it
  --> i.e. the cookie from the previous session gets found
      and used

The following fails:
steps 1 & 2 as above
3. start lynx -post_data script_url and feed the form data
   into it
--> I get a reply from the server that I need to login
    first. This seems to indicate to me that lynx does not
    use cookies when called with -post_data.

Is there anything I can do about it? I didn't find any help
in the FAQ-O-MATIC. :-(

--
 Karsten Ballüder  http://Ballueder.home.dhs.org/  mailto:address@hidden
 Physics Department, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS, Scotland