Re: lynx-dev bug?: content of disabled form elements is submitted

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev bug?: content of disabled form elements is submitted
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 10:25:12 +0900 (JST)

> dejanews - the registration form contains a big user-argreement as disabled
> textarea, and when submitting it their CGI script fails processing. I had to
> use netscape.
>
>  Any thoughts?

Isn't it dejanews that's broken, i.e., it's "their CGI script [which]
fails."  Just a few days ago I did a registration on highschoolalumni.com
which required the same kind of submission from a page with "a big user-
argreement as disabled textarea."  Whole process went quite smoothly.
I NEVER use netscape (though I've been known to use MSIE :).

__Henry