Re: lynx-dev Posted message has no text error message

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Posted message has no text error message
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 11:09:15 -0500

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 07:44:37PM +0400, Vlad Harchev wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jan 2000 address@hidden wrote:
>
> > Have you ever tried to post to Usenet from recent versions of lynx? Out
> > of curiosity, I did an "alt.test" attempt, and I got a message from lynx
> > to the effect that my post had no text.
> >

> Yes, I seen this too (but this happened when I typed message in the
> external editor, typing it in the built-in editor solves this problem for
> now). Something is broken.

Maybe something is really broken but I have no problems posting to newsgroups
with lynx using an external editor. I posted test messages to alt.test under
the subjects "Test lynx" and "Lynx test".

Ismael
     | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden        |
     | Production sound mixer     | http://ismael.cordeiro.com/       |
     | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.pubnix.net/users/ismael |