Re: lynx-dev Posted message has no text error message

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Posted message has no text error message
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 21:30:28 +0900 (JST)

> >   I've posted a patch recently (yesterday) to fix this. The problem is that
> >  lynx used 'isgraph(c)' for determination of whether the character is not
> >  blank. Not it will use '!isspace(c)', that should work for any
> >  charset/encoding. Try that patch if you are curious.
>
> The correct fix for this is to specify the correct locale.  Unfortunately
> many programs get confused when this is done, so it may be necessary

A little who-where-how on the "to specify the correct locale," please.
If I run "locale" without arguments it reports "japanese" for all
categories except LC_ALL=, which is blank.  Are you saying the user
needs to do something, or Lynx needs to do something?

Is Klaus W., or someone familiar with the news RFCs, on the list?  By
changing that to '!isspace(c)', I worry we could be opening Lynx's news
handling up to abuse, i.e., ability to post inappropriate control/escape
sequences.  (I'm asking, not complaining, nor blaming, nor arguing.)

__Henry