Re: lynx-dev Lynx SSL vulnerable? to RSAREF V2 security bug according to

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx SSL vulnerable? to RSAREF V2 security bug according to CERT
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 11:49:07 -0500

On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 09:19:57AM +0000, David Woolley wrote:
> Also of concern is the fact that Lynx-SSL is quoted as being the FreeBSD
> ports tree.  I haven't followed this up, but they may be in violation of
> the GPL here.

Don't see how the FreeBSD ports tree is of concern to Lynx developers.
They have a makefile that combines code from Lynx and the ssl patch,
just they way one would do it manually.  I have a link to the FreeBSD
ports page on the Lynx current distribution page, and there are links
to the ssl patches in the faq-o-matic.

Lynx distribution directory:
http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/index.html

Ports for lynx: includes Japanese and ssl flavours
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/www.html

FreeBSD Ports download script:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/pds.cgi?ports/www/lynx-ssl

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/branches/-current/ports/www/lynx-ssl/pkg/DESCR

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/branches/-current/ports/www/lynx-ssl/pkg/DESCR

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
Alright what do you want me to do?  Let's get it over with.