lynx-dev Error using proxy server.

From: EDP NTPC KAWAS
Subject: lynx-dev Error using proxy server.
Date: Tue , 08 Feb 00 19:08:10 EST

I am not a member of Lynx mailing list because it's heavy volume
combined with my low bandwidth chokes my email. I hope you will include
this message on mailing list.

This may not be a Lynx problem, nevertheless:

My proxy server reports error when I try to login at hotmail.
Following is the error message:

             Error

The requested operation could not be performed by the proxy.

Communications exception (-8162).

I used to access hotmail on Lynx without any problem before 01.01.2000
Is it a Y2K problem? :-)

There is no problem accessing other web based email like yahoo or
mailcity.

Any clues?

-j.m.desai.