lynx-dev Re: Cookie won't stick?

From: Michael Warner
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Cookie won't stick?
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 21:23:24 -0800

On or about 04 Feb, 2000, Roy Rodenstein
<address@hidden> wrote:

        [...]

> set a cookie when I log in. Or maybe they require the cookie be
> sent back encrypted over SSL, which 2.8.2 doesn't have, so I
> should try 2.8.3? But since it doesn't even try to set a cookie
> that doesn't seem like it'd be the problem.

lynx, as distributed, doesn't do SSL, and isn't likely to, at
least in the near future.  Getting an SSL-enabled lynx involves
patching the lynx source, having the ssl libs available, and
recompiling lynx.  With luck, that won't be the problem here.

> Sorry to be long-winded, I wanted to give you some details to
> work with.

Probably the most useful detail would be the URL for the site
causing the problem, if you're willing to provide it, and it
doesn't cost anything to access.  Even if it isn't free, someone
else on the list may well have some pertinent experience with it.

Otherwise, I think it'll take some trace output to find out
what's actually transpiring twixt server and lynx.

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>