lynx-dev Windows 9x ports of 2.8.2 cannot access a certain URL; Linux p

From: David Chessler
Subject: lynx-dev Windows 9x ports of 2.8.2 cannot access a certain URL; Linux ports can.
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 02:26:18 -0500

http://gullfoss.fcc.gov:8080/cgi-bin/websql/prod/ccb/armis1/forms/43-05/ar2b
.hts#Column

and

http://gullfoss.fcc.gov:8080/cgi-bin/websql/prod/ccb/armis1/forms/43-05/ar4a
b.hts#Column

are the URLs. The "column" part of the URL (which is a form used to
download certain data from the FCC) is inaccessible to me using either of
the 2 lynx 2.8.2 ports I tried. It is accessible using the Linux port at
doubled.com (my ISP), or the one at sailor.lib.md.us, the free web access
for Maryland residents. For what it's worth, I was also unable to access
those frames properly with Netscape 4.7, 4.01, and 2.01, and Internet
Explorer 3.03.

The precise Windows Lynx ports I tried were lynx_w32_2_8_2rel_1.zip and
lynx_w32.zip, as downloaded from the links on the gnu.org web page.

To access those frames, you can do so from the other frame (the menu) at
http://gullfoss.fcc.gov:8080/cgi-bin/websql/prod/ccb/armis1/forms/43-05/fram
e4ab.hts
and
http://gullfoss.fcc.gov:8080/cgi-bin/websql/prod/ccb/armis1/forms/43-05/fram
e2b.hts
So far as I know, every other version of the form works; at least, it works
with Netscape and I assume lynx.

To reply, delete the "NOSPAM" from my address.