lynx-dev Re: Lynx for Win95

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx for Win95
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 11:01:10 -0500

You can get a released version, 2.8.2, from
  www.fdisk.com  .
Look for Lynx/32, the name for 32-bit Windows versions of Lynx, as opposed
to DOS versions.

Alternatively, you can try a more recent developmental version from
http://jim.spath.com/lynx_win32/index.html .
Look at the Readme file, alter the sample lynx.bat file to conform with
your PC's drive configuration, and see what happens.  You will soon want to
check out the O Options menu and the lynx.cfg file to customize it further.
 It does not have a Windows install routine.  It runs in a DOS console box
inside Windows 95 or 98, and uses the Windows networking components.  I am
one of a number of people who use Lynx/32 with a screen reading program for
DOS.  I am not aware of anyone using it with a large-print screen reader,
but if it can work in console mode, this should be possible.

Write back to me or to address@hidden if you have more questions.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535  <address@hidden>
<http://www.loc.gov/nls/>
HOME:  <address@hidden>   <http://lras.home.sprynet.com