Re: lynx-dev Unable to determine screen size Dos problem

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Unable to determine screen size Dos problem
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 14:57:57 +0400 (SAMT)

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 address@hidden wrote:

> Typing "lynx --h" at the Dos prompt works, but scrolls several pages
> of text before stopping.  Doing the following yields the indicated
> error message:

> C:\commprog\winnet\lynx>lynx --h | more
> Unable to determine the screen size

  What lynx do you use: for DOS or for Windows?
  If for DOS (unlikely - you wouldn't have this problem then), could you
please try the same with 'less' instead of 'more'? May be it's 'more' that
causes problem?

  If for windows, how do you compile it: via Mingw (I guess you use it), via
Cygwin or via BCC or MSVC? As I remember, I don't have this problem with lynx
compiled with BCC for Windows.
    I assume you use Mingw, so most probably problem was caused by
the bugs in the 'glue' of Mingw libraries.

  Best regards,
  -Vlad