lynx-dev Lynx Windows 4.0? when? - PS

From: Raymond Kenneth Petry
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx Windows 4.0? when? - PS
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 11:37:59 -1000

Dear Sir or Madam:
When are we going to drop Lynx 2.8.tweak.fudge.jumper and get lynx-windows 4.0
or so?!
I mean, DECSystem20 had PTYCON, and that was more than 2 decades ago in the
mid'70's! PTYCON was "pseudo-teletype-controller" which operated like an
advanced windows3.1<control-escape>task-window: it inserted message-alerts from
the other tasks, and popped-up its connection-controller on ^X (that's
control-X) and showed you the status of pseudo-terminal
task/job/connection-numbers. Where's lynx-windows 4.0? Simple javascript (no
text-dimming, but window.open, etc., yes), and https-secure links, and
multi-tasks, (split-frames would be interesting if available, but not the
necessity), copy-paste-insert-lines of selected text into textarea/input boxes,
status-bar alerts [or pop-up box alerts] ... all the simple features we've come
to expect in a 4.0 browser. [Lynx-Gold 4.0 anyone?]

PS - I should have recalled quicker: that was in the days of DEC VT52, before
the first VT100 white-boxes arrived! PTYCON was very easy to use: I ran several
jobs/tasks/ simultaneously: editing text files in one, FORTAN-test programs in
others, a copy of the LPSAS stockroom-accounting in yet another, the LMP u-code
assembler in another ... that was all normal work-load in the mid'70's - not
just this web-browsering. So, we want lynx-windows 4.0!
  Cordially and sincerely.
                             Adult Basic Educator
  Mr. Raymond Kenneth Petry, BA, CS
      [Adult Teaching CRED/1982-87/UCLA - Mathematics, Compu'Sci's, ABE]
          [Mathematics BA/1973/UCSD]  [Christ Science CS/1982/TFCCS]

MailCity. Secure Email Anywhere, Anytime!
http://www.mailcity.com