Re: lynx-dev bad link notice

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev bad link notice
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 06:45:07 -0500

On Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 02:45:35PM -0700, Scott McGee - Webmaster wrote:
> I received the following notice. Would whoever is currentlly maintaining this
> information please look into fixing this link.
> Scott
> >From address@hidden  Tue Feb 22 13:56:41 2000
> Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 15:48:33 -0500 (EST)
> From: DIGEX Dial-Up Services <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Outdated hyperlink
>
> There is an out of date hyperlink
> at:
> http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/release2-8-2/lynx2-8-2/lynx_help/lynx_help_main.html
>
> that points to the URL: http://www.access.digex.net/%7Easgilman/lynx/FAQ/
>
> This URL is no longer published on our server.  Please remove the
> outdated reference from your page.
>
> Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
> Intermedia Business Internet Customer Service           address@hidden

Since this is the "old" help document, and the link is changed to the
FAQ-O-Matic in the current document, I'm not willing to go back and
undo history.  Hopefully there are thousands of on-line copies of this
page ;-)

Besides, Intermedia yanked Al's public interest pages with little
warning after gobbling up Digex.  They can provide a forwarding address
if they care to.

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
I may just be a menial robot, but I'm far too intelligent to
expect anyone to think of me for a moment.
Far far too intelligent
Far far .......