lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.21

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.21
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 100 08:50:55 -0500 (EST)

These are all the new features and fixes that I think should go into the
pre-release.  I know of one serious bug (the ftp problem I reported yesterday),
which has to be addressed.  While waiting for feedback on that (my inclination
is to simply revert the change), I'll be testing & refining ports.

2000-02-25 (2.8.3dev.21)
* modify check for empty news-posting to warn but allow user to override if
  it contains nonspace characters -TD
* add FTP_PASSIVE option to lynx.cfg, allowing installer to defer decision
  of whether lynx uses passive ftp connection (adapted from patch by
  Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <address@hidden>) -TD
* remove duplicate definitions of HT_NON_BREAK_SPACE, HT_EN_SPACE leaving them
  in HTFont.h -TD
* lynx.cfg option CONNECT_TIMEOUT and commandline option "connect_timeout" were
  added (not available for DOS port) -VH
* don't perform submission of the content of disabled form fields -VH
* add bindings for ^ and $ (like vi) to move the cursor to the first and last
  link on the current line (prompted by complaint by DH that < and > used to
  allow movement to the ends of a line) -TD
* remove --enable-kanji option (request by TH) -TD
* replace 3 CONV_JISX0201KANA_ISX0208KANA to CONV_JISX0201KANA_JISX0208KANA -TH
* enable the routines to change kanji code which is used for overriding,
  since my last change disabled this -TH
* remove redundant/conflicting definitions of ON/OFF from HTVMS_WaisUI.h -TD
* fixes for K&R build on SunOS -TD