Re: lynx-dev dropping reference list when printing

From: Eduardo Chappa L.
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dropping reference list when printing
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 13:55:47 -0800 (PST)

*** David Combs wrote in the Lynx list today:

:) "which word?"  Well, suppose I want to remove the ENTIRE "references"
:) section.  All I need do is "/^References$/,$d".
:)

What many people usually forget is that the users of an internet product,
like mail or a browser are not engineers who have had classes where they
learn all this stuff. The rest has to rely of pressing infinite times the
delete key. Decide who your users will be and based on this you can decide
if a feature/question is worth it (eg. Mutt and pine have different
audiences).

  Lynx is the only browser that I know of that gives a references list
when is asked to print a page. Given that this behavior is not typical,
some users may not find obvious that such a list be produced when a
document is printed and therefore may want the program to remove for them
the references. If this involves asking a question (or configuring it
somehow) let it be, no harm done in my opinion.

--
Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/