Re: lynx-dev Lynx Windows 4.0? when? - PS

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx Windows 4.0? when? - PS
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 18:44:55 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Eduardo Chappa L. wrote:

> The fact is that lynx has support for those features. What I would be
> interested in seeing someday is that lynx gives you the option of opening
> your prefered mail program, news reader, etc through a configuration
> option. The fact is that if lynx won't do it right, let the work be done
> by others and let lynx be the connection.

Isn't this what the EXTERNAL setting in lynx.cfg does. You just have
to remember to hit "." (or whatever KEYMAP you have set) instead of
ENTER or RIGHT-ARROW when you want go to one of these URLs. I think
that Wayne Buttles put together some code that he called AUTOEXTERNAL,
that substituted these for the default action (used in the BOBCAT
source). I haven't looked at that code, but it sounds as if that may
be what you are requesting. Maybe we can get Wayne to try to apply
that to lynx. He may have already tried and found some difficulties.
I'll forward this to him, since I am not sure if he still follows
lynx-dev.
                         Doug
__
Doug Kaufman