Re: lynx-dev installation problems

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev installation problems
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 10:54:32 +0000 (GMT)

> The configure appreared to finished but there were errors listed in the
> included config.log file. When I ran make install and lynx could not be
> found.

configure can only find out what your system can do by finding out what
it can't do; errors in config.log are entirely normal and to be expected!

>  ./configure --prefix=~/lynx/lynx2-8-2 --exec-prefix=~/lynx/lynx2-8-2
>     and
>         make install

I haven't built Lynx recently, but generally you should run configure
and make as an unprivileged user, then run make install as root.  Depending
on how the Makefile is written, make install may or may not actualy make
the executables.