Re: lynx-dev Lynx installation

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx installation
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 18:53:09 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, David Silverman wrote:

>     I have downloaded Lynx version 2.8.2 rel 1 from
> http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm for use on my Windows 95
> operating system.  However, I do not understand completely the
> instructions for installation on my system.  I have found that

Jim Spath posted a basic "lynx.bat" file to lynx-dev in reply to your
question (also see the samples directory in the lynx zip file).
Additional recommendations:

1. Make a shortcut to your lynx.bat file (via right-click), and put
this either in your START menu or your desktop.

2. Change the properties of the shortcut to start with environment
memory of 4096, rather than the default (right click, then
properties).

3. Don't put lynx in a directory where the long name is different from
the short (DOS) name, unless you are quite careful with the paths in
your batch file.
                           Doug
__
Doug Kaufman