Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3pre.1

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3pre.1
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 100 07:17:34 -0500 (EST)

> > 2000-03-31 (2.8.3pre.1)
> > * lynx.cfg:  make a few corrections to reorganize .h1 sections to improve
> >   htmlized cattoc.html logic.  More corrections welcome -LP
> Seems you ignore .h1 comments field completely.
> I was assuming tweaking only the cases when no .h1 comments available...

I'll have to look at this (am not sure right now)

> > * correct ifdef's in LYStrings.c for NCURSES_MOUSE_VERSION versus PDCURSES
> >   adding new PDCURSES_MOUSE_VERSION to cover special case of DJGPP
> > (reported by
> >   LP, DK) -TD
>
> Well, it now build on DJGPP,
> but I am curious: why we keep such list growing -
> NCURSES_MOUSE_VERSION, PDCURSES_MOUSE_VERSION, USE_SLANG_MOUSE
> instead of single USE_MOUSE

because the mouse interfaces are different, and it seemed simplest to ifdef
with just one-more-name as I did.

> (with modifiers NCURSES, NCURSES_VERSION, PDCURSES, USE_SLANG if necessary)?

possibly - but the pieces of code I've been ifdef'ing are mostly specific
to one library, not the common code.

> > * add PRETTYSRC to lynx.cfg, supplementing -prettysrc commandline option
> > -TD
>
> Now we have:
> HTMLSRC_ATTRNAME_XFORM
> HTMLSRC_TAGNAME_XFORM
> PRETTYSRC
> PRETTYSRC_SPEC
> PRETTYSRC_VIEW_NO_ANCHOR_NUMBERING
>
> Could we rename
>
> HTMLSRC_ATTRNAME_XFORM
> HTMLSRC_TAGNAME_XFORM
> PRETTYSRC_VIEW_NO_ANCHOR_NUMBERING
>
> with
> PRETTYSRC_VIEW:*:*
> with modifiers at the first place:
> ATTR_CASE, TAG_CASE, NO_ANCHOR_NUMBERING
>
> or like?

maybe - no one commented on this for a few months (other than, a few months
ago a proposal to make dotted names...)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden