Re: lynx-dev pre.1 LYCurses.h broken on OS390

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev pre.1 LYCurses.h broken on OS390
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 100 20:21:45 -0500 (EST)

> It's interesting that the point of the error in LYOptions.c is:
>
>     #if defined(HAVE_GETBKGD)/* not defined in ncurses 1.8.7 */
>         wbkgd(form_window, getbkgd(stdscr));
>         wbkgdset(form_window, getbkgd(stdscr));
>     #endif
>
> It seems sligntly contradictory that if LYCurses.h guarantees the
> availability
> of getbkgd(), configure provides a macro to test its availability.

the immediate cause of my error was that I was sweeping up debris from
the PDCurses ifdef's which isn't configured that way - so yes, I do go
to some lengths to find functions-or-macros that are declared, but didn't
remember at the moment that I should use that information for this chunk.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden