Re: lynx-dev url_type=1

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev url_type=1
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 11:09:24 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 2 Apr 2000, Philip Webb wrote:

> ----- Forwarded message from "Leos Tovarek, Ph.D." <address@hidden> -----
>
> I have registered at www.mtnsms.com (for free) in the past.
> I access the 1st screen, fill up (e-mail, password)
> and continue with smiley button. Then I get next screen,
> I fill the number up (e.g. +9659811580) and press smiley button again.
> Then I get "Unsupported URL scheme!"
> I added some fprint to see what url_type was and I saw "1".
> The same was with 2.8.3 new version...

Yes, but what *is* the URL scheme in question?  Set User Mode to
"Advanced" and/or refer to the '=' INFO screen (while "on" that
smiley button) in order to see.

If the URL is something like "javascript:...", it just isn't supported,
just as the message says.

> [ the writer also says you don't need a mobile phone to register ]

[ I don't 'register' at Web sites just to reproduce someone's problem -
if a site chooses to limit access, and requiring any sort of personal
information is a form of limitation, then it's really up to them to
track down problems with their thus-limited userbase. ]

   Klaus