Re: lynx-dev reordered Options

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev reordered Options
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 11:54:18 -0500 (CDT)

Still soliciting feedback on reordered Options (now, to avoid several
iterations of patches);

some questions
 - should "Searching type" be in the "Keyboard Input" section?
 - in general, does the "General Preferences" section make sense?
   (Cookies could go under "Headers transferred to servers", but
    1. I think it should be in a prominent place, and
    2. it's about more than "Headers _transferred to_", actually
       it's primarily about accepting _from_.
 - I'm tempted to put "Editor" at the _beginning_ of the "Keyboard
   Input" section - it's so important that users fill this in (if
   not restricted), otherwise they get only inferior fallback behavior
   when using various features.
 - Anything else (that can be done by just reordering, or renaming of
   _sections_)?

I'll probably leave it as it is, unless someone has strong opinions
on the above.  So if you prefer some changes, this is the time to
speak up.

   Klaus

[Main body of suggested new layout - repeated for ease of reference:]