Re: lynx-dev reordered Options

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev reordered Options
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 15:47:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Klaus Weide wrote:
> >    (Cookies could go under "Headers transferred to servers", but
>
>   I think some sort of users change this setting very often in one session -
> so it may be better to leave it where it is (almost at the top) to speed up
> access to it.

Ok.
> > >   General Preferences
> > >   User mode                        : [Advanced....]
> > >   Cookies (!)                      : [ask user..]
> > >   Searching type                   : [Case insensitive]
> > >
> > >   Keyboard Input
> > >   Keypad mode                      : [Links are numbered................]
> > >   Emacs keys                       : [OFF]
> > >   VI keys                          : [OFF]
> > >   Line edit style                  : [Bash-like Bindings]
> > >   Keyboard layout                  : [YAWERTY Cyrillic, for DEC LK201 kbd]
> > >   Editor                           :
> > >
> > >   Display and Character Sets
>
>   May be it's better to use "Display and document character sets" (in order
> not to be so lynx.cfg oriended) (current section name can be interpreted as
> "display set and character set" - makes no sense at all).

How about "Character Sets and Display" then, is that better?

Oh, by the way, you native English speakers: which words should be
capitalized in a heading like that?  None (except the first)?  All?

> > >   Display character set            : [Cyrillic (ISO-8859-5)..........]
> > >   Assumed document character set(!): [iso-8859-1......]
> > >   Raw 8-bit (!)                    : [OFF]
> > >   Messages Locale (!)              :
> > >   X Display (!)                    :
> > >
> > >   Document Appearance
> > >   Show color                       : [ON....]
> > >   Show cursor                      : [OFF]
> > >   Popups for select fields         : [ON.]
> > >   HTML error recovery (!)          : [strict (SortaSGML mode)]
>
>   May be it would logically be better to move HTML error recovery to the end
> of this section (i.e. after "verbose images")?
>
> > >   Show images (!)                  : [as labels]
> > >   Verbose images                   : [OFF..........]

I don't mind; I think the only reason I left it there is so the
two (!)-marked options are kindof together...  If that doesn't
make sense to anyone else as a valid reason, I'll move it.

   Klaus