lynx-dev Re: is there a way? (to download from a *.nsf page ala MSIE)

From: Michael Warner
Subject: lynx-dev Re: is there a way? (to download from a *.nsf page ala MSIE)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 22:49:59 -0700

On or about 29 Mar, 2000, Henry Nelson
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Had to get new drivers for an old nic.  I was able to get as far as
> "http://twanina0.acer.com.tw/app/download.nsf/By+Model+No?OpenView&CollapseView&StartKey=ALN-201";,
> but I could not figure out any way to get the file I wanted: "a201v320.zip."
>
> Another problem with the same page is that Lynx seems to
> think there is "big5" in it, and gives me a prompt to either
> d)ownload or c)ancel.  How can I force Lynx to render it?

I got the same result when I tried last week, but tonight with
dev23 the pages came through OK.  Head request response still
claims "Big5" character set, but it looks like ascii to me.

I tried to go back to get a trace, but now I'm timing out before
I get through.

Anyway, if you haven't already got it, there's (temporarily) a
copy of the file you wanted at:

http://www.wsu.edu/~warner/a201v320.zip

--
Michael Warner