Re: lynx-dev lynx -source problem

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx -source problem
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 10:29:25 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Jerry L. Kazdan wrote:

> Because of some changes the New York Times made to their website, when
> I attempt something like
>
> lynx  -source -auth=Userid:address@hidden://www.nytimes.com/...  > MyFile

As Leonid has already pointed out, this is the wrong syntax.

> Based on many  experiments I have done to untangle this, it seems
> (likely) that
>
>       linux -source <ComplicatedTargetURL>
>
> somehow informs the TargetURL that this is not being sent to the
> screen. [...]

There is nothing in the code to intentionally tell the server "that
this is not being sent to the screen", last I checked.  But you
can verify that for yourself - with -trace, you get a log of the
full requests, from the "GET' to the last byte, that lynx sends.

  Klaus