lynx-dev Unsupported URL scheme!

From: Jerome Lauret
Subject: lynx-dev Unsupported URL scheme!
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 19:48:24 -0400

        OK. I think that I have reported that the VMS compilation and
link is now OK and restored. But ongoing tests, I have noticed that if
the preceding version accepted things like
$ lynx sys$login:hotlist.html
or
$ lynx SYS$COMMON:[JAVA$122.DOCS]INDEX.HTML

        the current version would lead to "Unsupported URL scheme!"
if the same syntax is used.
        Is there something which has been removed (auto conversion to
file://localhost/ feature ?). Note that the explicit file://localhost/ usage
would work. Was that a volontary feature removal ?

                  Jerome LAURET S.U.N.Y. @ Stony Brook
       ,,,,,      Dept. of Chemistry
      ( o o )     Stony Brook NY 11794-3400
  E-mail: address@hidden