Re: lynx-dev reordered Options

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev reordered Options
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:10:14 +0400 (MSD)

5-Apr-2000 17:26 Vlad Harchev wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

>> 3-Apr-2000 15:47 Klaus Weide wrote:

>> > How about "Character Sets and Display" then, is that better?
>> I think "Display and Character Sets" still better.

>   I think that putting Display (if it stands for "X Window Display") at first
> of the category name is misleading since all other options in that
> category deal with charset handling. If "Display" stands for
> "Display character set" then I think the things are incorrect grammatically
> (IMO).
This is the way to the madness: it was "DISPLAY Variable" first,
then "X Display" now and "X Window Display" proposed -
all this now discussed against "Character Sets and Display"...
Let wait until Tom incorporate Klaus' variant into dev.3
and discuss thing then.

>>[...]
>>
>> > I don't mind; I think the only reason I left it there is so the
>> > two (!)-marked options are kindof together...  If that doesn't
>> It is a good reasone for me.

>   Your sentence can be interpreted in two ways - could you please
> paraphrase?

In other words, Klaus' reason have some sense to me:
items with (!) should be kept together,
otherwise it is hardly to read/not goodlooking
and I agree with it.

So I see no reasons to change something from the original Klaus
porposal, perhaps only capitalize few words in the headers as native
English speakes suggested (that header was written by me, BTW:()