lynx-dev Options Menu Help(s) (was: reordered Options)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev Options Menu Help(s) (was: reordered Options)
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 10:22:44 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> 3-Apr-2000 11:36 Klaus Weide wrote:
> > The effect of the "Popups" setting on the Options screen (old or new) isn't
> > emphasised anywhere as something separate from the effect on "Documents"
> > with forms, AFAIK (although I haven't checked all the documentation).
> > (The effect on the Options menu is explicitly described in
> > Lynx_users_guide.html, but only for the *old*, key-based Options Menu.)
>
> Yes, we always biased:(
> *new* form-based options are described in options_help.html

...and that one doesn't mention the effect of the "Popups" option on the
"Options Menu" itself (which was the point).

Anyway, I don't "get" why there is all that duplication of descriptions
between options_help.html OTOK and Lynx_users_guide.html#InteractiveOptions
OTOH.  And why are there no prominent links from the latter to the first?
(The only one that *is there* is kind of hidden in the preformatted
rendition of the Menu page, as the "HELP!" link.)

   Klaus