lynx-dev SOURCE_CACHE "problem" - proposal of SOURCE_CACHE_FOR_INCOMPLET

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: lynx-dev SOURCE_CACHE "problem" - proposal of SOURCE_CACHE_FOR_INCOMPLETE
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 18:40:50 +0500 (SAMST)

 I researched strange behaviour of SOURCE_CACHE. It turned out that I just
interupted downloading every time I was testing (to save time), and lynx
starting from some verion younger than dev14 doesn't cache documents
downloading of which was interupted (CacheThru_abort is responsible for this).

 From logical POV, new behaviour is more correct than previous for most users.
 But I think it would be useful to add a lynx.cfg setting like
 SOURCE_CACHE_FOR_INCOMPLETE or something like this - otherwise the change
 of behaviour can be considered as "loss of control" (even if user interrupted
 downloading file, they deserved the right to see the source of _that_
 document, not new copy that will be fetched - and to get new behaviour with
 old behaviour user just has to do ^R).

 Currently lynx don't cache incomplete document independant of the
"cache-control" and "expires" headers.

 Lenonid - did you also interrupt downloading while testing pre1? :)

 Best regards,
  -Vlad