Re: lynx-dev SOURCE_CACHE "problem" - proposal of SOURCE_CACHE_FOR_IN

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev SOURCE_CACHE "problem" - proposal of SOURCE_CACHE_FOR_INCOMPLETE
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 17:31:45 +0400 (MSD)

8-Apr-2000 17:07 Vlad Harchev wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Apr 2000, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
>> What would be nice is to add a user prompt
>> when s/he try switching to source made when the data transfer
>> happen to be interrupted on the previous stage.
>>
>> Something like:
>> "the document was received incomplete,
>> would you like to reload it from the network? (y/n)"

>   I wonder why _you_ propose this. Seems you don't have cable modem :) - do
Well, at home I have 14400 modem, but lynx is running on the ISP side.
I think the proposed behaviour would be better than current (I will not
be forced to reload the document without my willing) and yes, it is a
very rare situation so I will not be annoyed by this prompt. If you use
'z' very often you may perhaps configure squid to cache documents
agressively so all unconditional documents will also be cached.