Re: lynx-dev SOURCE_CACHE "problem" - proposal of SOURCE_CACHE_FOR_IN

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev SOURCE_CACHE "problem" - proposal of SOURCE_CACHE_FOR_INCOMPLETE
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 18:58:20 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 8 Apr 2000, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> What would be nice is to add a user prompt
> when s/he try switching to source made when the data transfer
> happen to be interrupted on the previous stage.
>
> Something like:
> "the document was received incomplete,
> would you like to reload it from the network? (y/n)"
>
> Hope Klaus will agree with it.

If you want to issue the prompt at the point when the new request
would be issued, like your text implies - this would require keeping
more state, at least a 'was_aborted' flag that is kept together with
the cache entry.  Also you can't offer the choice to revert to a
previous version of the cache entry at that point, unless you keep
_two_ copies around.

If you want to issue a prompt (with a different wording) at the point
where the interruption occurs - that would be too intrusive.

Either way, I don't think this is worth the trouble.  I don't mind
a way to choose in lynx.cfg.  But I'm not planning to make the change
anyway, Vlad seems to be much more interested and he knows where to
do it.

   Klaus