Re: lynx-dev More on CJK: how do you use the "--with-charsets" option?

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev More on CJK: how do you use the "--with-charsets" option?
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 21:28:40 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, Hataguchi Takeshi wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Henry Nelson wrote:
>
> > I ran configure with
> >   "--with-charsets=iso-8859-1,us-ascii,utf-8,euc-jp,shift_jis",
> > but under the document character sets in the Options Menu I only
> > see the minimal set "iso-8859-1,us-ascii,utf-8".
>
> Though I've never checked the source concerned with this,
> I want Japanese charsets would be included in the document charsets
> (and the assumed charsets) in this situation.

It seems obvious that that's what Henry's "--with-charsets=..." line
should do.  So it looks like a bug.  (Or is a different separator
than comma expected in the list, maybe space rather than comma, Tom?)

> > Why I'm doing this is that with "--without-charsets" I find that
> > CJK functionality becomes shot.  I think some warning may need to
> > go into the documentation, but I can't write anything until I
> > understand what is going on.  Takeshi?  Klaus?
>
> I'm sorry I don't know and have no time to check.

Also sorry, I haven't yet taken the time to look into this (never did
try --with-charsets with an explicit list, I think).

  Klaus