Re: lynx-dev SOURCE_CACHE "problem" - proposal of SOURCE_CACHE_FOR_IN

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev SOURCE_CACHE "problem" - proposal of SOURCE_CACHE_FOR_INCOMPLETE
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 13:24:13 +0500 (SAMST)

On Sat, 8 Apr 2000, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> 8-Apr-2000 17:07 Vlad Harchev wrote:
> > On Sat, 8 Apr 2000, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> >> What would be nice is to add a user prompt
> >> when s/he try switching to source made when the data transfer
> >> happen to be interrupted on the previous stage.
> >>
> >> Something like:
> >> "the document was received incomplete,
> >> would you like to reload it from the network? (y/n)"
>
> >   I wonder why _you_ propose this. Seems you don't have cable modem :) - do
> Well, at home I have 14400 modem, but lynx is running on the ISP side.

 Lucky you. I have 14400 modem too, but lynx is running on my side - providers
in my town seems to be uneducated - nobody provides shell or lynx account.

> I think the proposed behaviour would be better than current (I will not
> be forced to reload the document without my willing) and yes, it is a
> very rare situation so I will not be annoyed by this prompt. If you use
> 'z' very often you may perhaps configure squid to cache documents
> agressively so all unconditional documents will also be cached.

  But by disallowing lynx to drop cache for incomlete docs will be even better
- you won't have to press y/n at the prompt; you will be able to ^R to
refresh document.

>[...]

 Best regards,
  -Vlad