Re: lynx-dev Problem with Compaq UNIX 5.0 and ncurses

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with Compaq UNIX 5.0 and ncurses
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 100 11:10:49 -0400 (EDT)

> I installed the Compaq-distributed ncurses release (4.2) and tried to
> compile lynx pre3 with it.  There were problems:

4.2 may be a bit old (I don't recall the details but there were some
changes I made for shared libraries).  I would uninstall that and build
a copy of 5.0 (you have to uninstall if you upgrade because DU's linker
only allows one version of a shared library).

> I can forward the full configure logs, or post them if needed.
sure - forward (or a URL).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden