lynx-dev Re: Lynx POT file (was: lynx2.8.3pre.1)

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx POT file (was: lynx2.8.3pre.1)
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:21:01 -0400

On Tue, Apr 11, 2000 at 03:04:42PM +0400, Dmitry Sivachenko wrote:
>    includes the full set of contributed messages.  Please verify that
>    your changes are in:
>
>    http://lynx.isc.org/gnumatic/lynx-2.8.3.pre3.tar.gz
>
>    I am not sure how the full set will be distributed, but hope to
>    see a variation of this bundle as the lynx-2.8.3 release.
>
> 1) Does it mean po-files will not be included into lynx-2.8.3-release?
>
> 2) What is the directory 'gnumatic'?  Why new -pre is not at
> lynx.isc.org/current?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Dima.

Dima:

  The development distributions of Lynx have not included the po-files
because some developers wished to have smaller files to download, and
expected that the po-files would be separately available.  For the
final release, I expect to convince the developers group that the full
set of messages should be included.  Since I work on the server where
the sources originate, this is easy for me to do.

  The directory "gnumatic" is a re-package of the development (or
current) release in a different place than the current tree, which
includes the po-files that I have downloaded from the Free Translation
Project.  It was meant to be a parallel test version for translators
and testers.  It hasn't had much use.

Jim

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>