lynx-dev Serious problem with radiobuttons 2.8.3.dev15

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: lynx-dev Serious problem with radiobuttons 2.8.3.dev15
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 02:18:26 -0400 (EDT)

Due to this "feature" I may have lost a lot of data earlier today (did
not check the database yet).

Consider the following code (taken from some large form):

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Page 2</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><p>

<FORM method="post" action="p.pl">
<TABLE BORDER="1" CELLPADDING="1" CELLSPACING="2" >

 <TR>
    <TH ALIGN=CENTER VALIGN=MIDDLE >
    </TH>
    <TH ALIGN=CENTER VALIGN=MIDDLE >
      ReSeed
    </TH>
 </TR>
 <TR>
    <TD ALIGN=CENTER VALIGN=MIDDLE >
      <INPUT TYPE="RADIO" NAME="p" VALUE="Delete" SIZE="5" >
    </TD>
    <TD ALIGN=CENTER VALIGN=MIDDLE >
      <INPUT TYPE="RADIO" NAME="p" VALUE="ReSeed" SIZE="5" >
    </TD>
 </TR>
</TABLE></FORM></body></html>

When lynx shows this, "Delete" is selected (you can guess what I did
:-().  I checked a couple of different versions of Netscape, and no
radiobutton is selected by default (this is why I was sure I could
press "submit" without any destructive effect).

I do not know what would Netscape report back in the case nothing was
selected, but this particular behaviour may be desirable to emulate
even if it is not required by the standards.

Ilya