Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3pre.6 (patch, according to Klaus)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3pre.6 (patch, according to Klaus)
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 05:59:14 -0400

000418 Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> seems Klaus very busy these days, so I made a patch to implement
> his forms-based options menu reorganization (including help files).

thanx, well done etc (smile).

> Everything is done according to his first draft, except:
> - Editor is moved on the top of Keyboad Input section (many votes)

IIRC the consensus was to put it 2nd under General Preferences.
the point was that novices might otherwise overlook the option,
leaving them using a very inferior alternative.

> More comments/suggestions/patches welcome.

> +  General Preferences
> +  User mode                        : [Advanced....]
>    Cookies (!)                      : [ask user..]
> +  Searching type                   : [Case insensitive]

IIRC also, the consensus was to put `Search type' 3rd & Cookies 4th;
we didn't reach a consensus re Search vs Searching,
but i argued for the former as being shorter & neater.