Re: lynx-dev pre8 - open documentation issues

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev pre8 - open documentation issues
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 11:44:53 +0900 (JST)

> Actually, I still *kind of* like the idea because;
> A)-Two separate files [lynx.cfg and lynxcfg.html] take up twice as much
>    room.

I screamed about that for a half a year.  Anyway, the whole point of my
script (DEMO only BTW) was that you _could_ use it in a PRINTER or
DOWNLOADER, or better as a pseudo proxy (similar in user interface to
your proposal) and not add a twit to the distribution bundle or the lynx
binary, i.e., do the "htmlization" on the fly.

Also, you do know that you don't have to use the entire distribution
lynx.cfg, I assume.  My lynx.cfg is < 6 Kbytes, and when making a
breakout of the source, I immediately overwrite the distribution one,
at a savings of 120+ Kbytes of disk space.  For non-interactive use of
lynx, you can even use /dev/null as your lynx.cfg.  Not sure what that
means in MacOS; perhaps an empty file?

__Henry