lynx-dev compiling with --enable-file-upload breaks form submission logi

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev compiling with --enable-file-upload breaks form submission logic
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 19:25:00 -0500 (CDT)

Not only does the "experimental file-upload support" not work (well - I'm
still waiting for someone to  say otherwise), but configuring with
--enable-file-upload breaks some of the logic for form field submission.
Specifically, some code does not get executed for submit-like fields.
Consider the following, in HText_SubmitForm around lines 10394..10431
(in 2.8.3pre.6):

                case F_SUBMIT_TYPE:
                case F_TEXT_SUBMIT_TYPE:
                case F_IMAGE_SUBMIT_TYPE:
                    }
                    /* FALLTHRU */

#ifdef EXP_FILE_UPLOAD
                case F_FILE_TYPE:
                    CTRACE((tfp, "I'd submit %s (from %s), but you've not
finished it\n", form_ptr-\>value, form_ptr->name));
                    name_used = (form_ptr->name ? form_ptr->name : "");
                    val_used = (form_ptr->value ? form_ptr->value : "");
                    break;
#endif

                    /*  fall through  */
                case F_RADIO_TYPE:

The 'break' in 'case F_FILE_TYPE:' prevents the FALLTHRU that
should happen.

As a result, some form field names with non-ASCII characters may not get
correctly converted, and form fields with unusual characters in the name
(e.g., spaces) may not get quoted for multipart/form-data submission
when they should.

Moral: don't use --enable-file-upload.

   Klaus