Re: lynx-dev [yet another] note on table rendering

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev [yet another] note on table rendering
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 09:22:04 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, pAb-032871 wrote:

> If a table is chosen and rendered, it could be drawn [....]
>                                                         I don't like the
> idea of creating a new page, as is done with [USEMAP] areas, but this
> might be the only way to make it work.  If so, it could create a [TABLE]
> link instead of a checkbox, the same as it does with [USEMAP]s.
>
> And while I'm on the subject, why can't it treat [USEMAP] as an unordered
> list, within the page?  Or maybe as a small form , consisting of a SELECT
> popup and SUBMIT button?

Because the contents of the map, i.e. the links shown shown on the
LYNXIMGMAP: pseudo-page, can come from anywhere - the MAP element can
be in the same document that refers to it (via USEMAP) before the USEMAP
reference, or after it (possibly far way from the reference), or even
in an entirely different document.  So at the point when the USEMAP is
encountered, we don't yet know the list of links (we may, but can't
assume that).

  Klaus