lynx-dev Build/translation (was: Lynx 2.8.3)

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Build/translation (was: Lynx 2.8.3)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:32:42 -0400

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 11:33:57AM +0200, Karl EICHWALDER wrote:
> Webmaster Jim <address@hidden> writes:
> >   I just wanted to give you a heads up that Lynx is in the pre-release
> > for 2.8.3.
> Thanks for the info.  I tried to compile lynx-2.8.3.pre3 on SuSE Linux
> 6.4, but it failed with this error:
>
> gcc  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -DLOCALEDIR=\"/home/ke/gnu/share/locale\" -I. -I..
> -Ichrtrans -I./chrtrans -I.. -I../src -I../WWW/Library/Implementation
> -I../intl  -O2 -DLINUX -D_GNU_SOURCE  -c ./LYClean.c
> In file included from /usr/include/ucontext.h:27,
>                  from /usr/include/signal.h:317,
>                  from LYSignal.h:5,
>                  from ./LYClean.c:4:
> /usr/include/sys/ucontext.h:74: warning: `ERR' redefined
> /usr/include/curses.h:195: warning: this is the location of the previous
> definition
> In file included from /usr/include/ucontext.h:27,
>                  from /usr/include/signal.h:317,
>                  from LYSignal.h:5,
>                  from ./LYClean.c:4:
> /usr/include/sys/ucontext.h:73: parse error before `('
> make[1]: *** [LYClean.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/lynx-2.8.3.pre3/src'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Don't worry too much about this glitch -- tomorrow, I'll ask one of my
> collegues what's to do about this problem.

I thought the "ERR" redefinition was either fixed or a workaround documented,
but
I only see something in pre1, which you should have also.

> > We are including the message translation libraries (but no catalogs)
> > in the base release.  I have an expanded release that does include the
> > catalogs collected by Francois.
>
> Thanks a lot!  If possible, please inform François about the
> pre-release; he'll be able to generate an up-to-date lynx.pot file and
> to send a mail to all translation teams telling them to update their
> message files.  I just checked the german one; here are the statistics:
>
> LANG=C msgfmt --statistics -c -v -o /dev/null de.po
> 1016 translated messages, 56 fuzzy translations, 31 untranslated messages.
>
> Hopefully, the assigned german translator (Erwin Dieterich
> <address@hidden>) will find the time to do an update; I'll ask him!

Yes, I sent email to Francois, and the known translators.  Two updated
translations have come in since then (Russian and Dutch).

Perhaps the full translations will be ready for SuSE 6.5?

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
Alright what do you want me to do?  Let's get it over with.