Re: lynx-dev Shell Accounts [was: pre8 open documentation issues]

From: Duncan Simpson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Shell Accounts [was: pre8 open documentation issues]
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 18:05:22 +0000

Persoanlly, if it was my shekk account I would always usse ssh, which gives me
a strongly encrypted connection to make life easy for cracekrs sniffing the
connection. I actually have some shell access at my IAP but then I am not an
"average" user. (ssh 1.2.x is free for most use, ssh 2.x is much more
commercial and less widely used).

As for shell script eveyrthing you see in shell scripts works fine on the
comand line (just possibly modulo goto). I actually use minor shell scripting
on the command line. You almost crtaintly can use shell scripts and I doublt
anyone minfs you using them (given shell access you can do anything a shell
script can).

I know the above suprises quite a few people :-)
--
Duncan (-:
"software industry, the: unique industry where selling substandard goods is