lynx-dev VMS compilation and Slang

From: Jerome LAURET
Subject: lynx-dev VMS compilation and Slang
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 21:17:59 -0400

        Here is a short report of compilation of the lynx-current developpement
kit for OpenVMS7.2 Alpha using Compaq C V6.2 (my last posting did not specify
the environment) using Slang support :

$ cc LYCurses

    touchwin(stdscr);
....^
%CC-I-IMPLICITFUNC, In this statement, the identifier "touchwin" is implicitly d
eclared as a function.
at line number 1363 in file LYCURSES.C

$ diff LYCURSES.C
18a19
> #include <curses.h>

        i.e. I have added a "#include <curses.h>" in the #ifdef VMS at line 18.
The result : too bad ... Initially, I feared that I did not have any colors
but then, I discovered that the color are in if I use I force it with the
-color option. The reason being that my DECterm window has been set
with a "grey" background color. So, in short : VMS Lynx + Slang = color works
fine at last ... Success !!!

                  Jerome LAURET S.U.N.Y. @ Stony Brook
       ,,,,,      Dept. of Chemistry
      ( o o )     Stony Brook NY 11794-3400