Re: lynx-dev cygwin patch

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev cygwin patch
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 09:42:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 30 Apr 2000 address@hidden wrote:

> > +#if defined(DOSPATH) || defined(__CYGWIN__)                /* thanks to
> > Hiroyuki Senshu */
> >
> Is this done at the right place?  Are there other uses of DOSPATH that
> affect cygwin?  Would it be better do define DOSPATH for cygwin compilation?

There are other uses of DOSPATH that could affect cygwin, but
they don't all seem appropriate for cygwin. In addition, I
believe that we agreed that DOSPATH is deprecated, since it
had been used for things other than the path itself. I think
we are now trying to use individual defines (e.g. __DJGPP__
|| _WINDOWS || __EMX__ || __CYGWIN__), so that quirks of each
system can be addressed individually. At least the way that
I have cygwin set up, it doesn't accept DOS-style paths by
default. "D:\" is mounted to "/d/", and "D:\test\foo.bar"
is addressed as "/d/test/foo.bar". I believe that there are
cygwin functions to convert, but they would have to be inserted
appropriately into the unix code (cygwin_conv_to_full_posix_path()
and cygwin_conv_to_full_win32_path()). There are some defines in the
code for "__CYGWIN__ && DOSPATH", so there must be times that both are
used.

I am not sure who else is working with the cygwin code. I have been
spending most of my lynx time looking at DOS related problems and only
occasionally playing with cygwin.
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman